Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This excellent chicken marinade is from texascooking.com. I make this frequently. I use a three pound package of boneless chicken breast and throw it in a one gallon zip-lock bag with the marinade. Yes, I feel guilty about using the plastic bags but I try to wash and reuse them. I cook them on a Weber grill, hot side/cold side, I wrap and freeze the breasts we don't use at the meal and when we break them out they're almost as fresh as when they were first cooked.
- 12 ounces beer (I almost always use Sam Adams Boston Lager)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix ingredients in a bowl, put three pounds of chicken in a one gallon zip-lock bag, pour in the marinade and let it marinade over night if you can. At least for a few hours. Cook on a grill. Freeze what you don't use.