Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Mexican-flavored dip- Serve with tortilla chips and garnish with jalepnos if you like something a little hotter. Its so easy and always goes over well at tailgates, parties, or just anything really.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened (light is ok)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (3 ounce) bottle taco sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups monterey jack cheese (for more kick)
- 1⁄2 cup canned jalapeno slices, to taste (optional)
- chopped seeded tomatoes, for garnish (optional)
- sliced ripe olives, for garnish (optional)
- Cream taco seasoning and cream cheese together.
- Spread in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Top with chicken.
- Cover chicken with coating of taco sauce (as much as you like) and jalepenos.
- Cover with shredded cheese.
- Place in 350-degree oven for about 20 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and mixture is warmed through.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes, more jalapenos if you're daring, and olives.
This was such a yummy dip! I think it should be called Chicken Taco dip instead though. It really had nothing fajita about it.
MMMMMM...delicious! I did sub in Salsa for the bottle taco sauce to give it some chunkiness. Left out the olives and chopped tomatoes. Will definitely make this again. Made for both events in Cooking Photos.