Recipe by alijen
A Mexican-flavored dip- Serve with tortilla chips and garnish with jalepnos if you like something a little hotter. Its so easy and always goes over well at tailgates, parties, or just anything really.
Top Review by Melanie D.
No peppers, onions, garlic or lime juice? Then it's not a fajita. This is chicken TACO dip. And don't use one of those seasoning packets and bother to call it a recipe. It takes one minute to add some real cumin & chile powder.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened (light is ok)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (3 ounce) bottle taco sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups monterey jack cheese (for more kick)
- 1⁄2 cup canned jalapeno slices, to taste (optional)
- chopped seeded tomatoes, for garnish (optional)
- sliced ripe olives, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream taco seasoning and cream cheese together.
- Spread in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Top with chicken.
- Cover chicken with coating of taco sauce (as much as you like) and jalepenos.
- Cover with shredded cheese.
- Place in 350-degree oven for about 20 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and mixture is warmed through.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes, more jalapenos if you're daring, and olives.