Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great appetizer from Pillsbury.
Make and share this Chicken Fajita Crescent Braid recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated flaky dough sheet
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1x1/2x1/2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell peppers (2x1x1/4 inch) or 1⁄2 cup red pepper, strips (2x1x1/4 inch)
- 1⁄4 cup old el paso thick 'n chunky salsa
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend (8 oz)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Unroll dough onto cookie sheet; press to 8x12 inches.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; stir in chili powder, salt and garlic; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Add onion and bell pepper strips; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Spoon chicken mixture in 4-inch strip lengthwise down center of dough. Top with salsa; sprinkle with cheese.
- With scissors or sharp knife, make cuts 1 inch apart on long sides of dough within 1/2 inch of filling.
- Alternately cross strips over filling; press edges to seal.
- Brush with egg white.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Cut crosswise into slices.
This was great. We all enjoyed it very much. This is a great use for leftover chicken. I sauteed the peppers and onions with the garlic and spices and then threw in cut up leftover chicken breasts. PERFECT!
GREAT recipe!! Very tasty. I added jalapenos for some extra kick, my husband loved it after the first bite.