1/1 Photo of Chicken Fajita Casserole
1 hr 5 mins
Robyn from the desert's Note:
I found a recipe on Recipezaar.com called "Gringo Casserole" which was very good, but I got the idea to make it more like my favorite Mexican dish; chicken fajitas. My whole family loves this dish and it's very easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 small white onions or 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped or sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped or sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped or sliced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 can tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup, fat free is fine
- 1/2 package flour tortilla
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1Boil breasts for 20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- 2chop chicken into chunks and set aside.
- 3Saute onions, garlic, peppers, salt& black pepper over medium heat until tender.
- 4Mix soup, tomatoes-chile& chicken in large bowl.
- 5Tear tortillas into fourths.
- 6Layer tortillas on bottom of baking dish, top with soup-chicken-tomatoes-chiles mixture, then top with layer of sauted veggies, then top with layer of cheese.
- 7Repeat as needed until dish is full to top.
- 8Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fajita Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 704.5
- Calories from Fat 409
- Total Fat 45.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 122.1 mg
- Sodium 1413.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 40.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes and green chilies