Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Serve this Mexican-style casserole with salsa, sour cream and guacamole on the side and let everyone top their own.
- 8 chicken breast tenders or 8 boneless skinles chicken tenderloins
- 1 (6 ounce) boxuncle ben's chef's recipe traditional red beans & rice
- 4 ounces black olives, sliced and drained
- 4 ounces green chilies, drain and diced
- 2 cups water, boiling
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Wash hands. Place red beans and rice (do not include seasoning packet) in 13x9-inch baking dish; top with olives and chilies. Place chicken in baking dish. Wash hands.
- Combine boiling water, tomatoes and contents of rice seasoning packet in medium bowl. Pour over chicken mixture. Cover and bake 45 minutes. Remove cover; sprinkle with cheese and tortilla chips. Bake 5 minutes longer or until rice is cooked and chicken is done (internal temperature 170° F).
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with a tossed salad and lime sherbert for dessert. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Substitution Tip: To substitute Individually Frozen Boneless, Skinless Chicken Tenderloins, simply increase cooking time by about one-third.