Serve this Mexican-style casserole with salsa, sour cream and guacamole on the side and let everyone top their own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 chicken breast tenders or 8 boneless skinles chicken tenderloins
- 1 (6 ounce) box uncle ben's chef's recipe traditional red beans & rice
- 4 ounces black olives, sliced and drained
- 4 ounces green chilies, drain and diced
- 2 cups water, boiling
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Wash hands. Place red beans and rice (do not include seasoning packet) in 13x9-inch baking dish; top with olives and chilies. Place chicken in baking dish. Wash hands.
- 2Combine boiling water, tomatoes and contents of rice seasoning packet in medium bowl. Pour over chicken mixture. Cover and bake 45 minutes. Remove cover; sprinkle with cheese and tortilla chips. Bake 5 minutes longer or until rice is cooked and chicken is done (internal temperature 170° F).
- 3Serving Suggestion: Serve with a tossed salad and lime sherbert for dessert. Refrigerate leftovers.
- 4Substitution Tip: To substitute Individually Frozen Boneless, Skinless Chicken Tenderloins, simply increase cooking time by about one-third.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fajita Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.6
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 16.7 mg
- Sodium 265.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast tenders