Recipe by FLUFFSTER
Here is a delicious casserole from Old El Paso, that will have your family begging for more! I have found that these ingredients are fairly easy to come by, but I make my own taco and fajita seasonings. You may use your own seasonings, or use the ones provided here in this recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) canold el paso refried beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) packageold el paso fajita seasoning mix
- 1 (9 ounce) package , frozen cooked chicken breast strips, thawed (seasoned with Southwest seasonings)
- Smucker's No Sugar Added Orange Spread, 8
- 8 (1 lb) bagsfrozen stir-fry bell peppers and onions, thawed, drained
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese (8 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix refried beans, tomato sauce and fajita seasoning mix. Stir in chicken.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the bean mixture over bottom of baking dish. Arrange 4 tortillas, overlapping if necessary, in baking dish. Top with half of remaining bean mixture, half of the stir-fry vegetables and 1 cup of the cheese. Repeat layers with remaining tortillas, bean mixture, stir-fry vegetables and cheese.
- Cover baking dish with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.