Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A variation of Cajun Alfredo, this recipe adds it's own little twist! The flavors are bold and delicious, and it is super easy to make.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 8 -12 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 small white onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 2 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (more or less to thicken sauce)
- Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken, peppers, and onion in butter or margarine until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat. Add heavy whipping cream, salt, pepper, basil garlic powder, and cheese. Heat until cheese has melted and sauce has thickened.
- Pour over hot bowtie pasta, and toss to coat.