Prep 50 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chicken fajita made with cumin, a key ingredient for a true fajita.
Make and share this Chicken Fajita recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb meat (chicken or steak)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 medium onion
- 2 small sweet peppers (green or red)
- Note: Can replace garlic clove with 1/8 tsp of garlic powder. Veggies are optional.
- Toppings: Salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes.
- Slice meat into thin strips.
- In bowl, mix together 1 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, hot hepper flakes, black pepper and salt.
- Add meat, and stir to coat the meat well. Let sit to marinate (works well overnight in the fridge).
- Chop veggies into strips.
- In large non stick skillet over medium high heat, heat remaining tablespoons of olive oil.
- Throw in veggies and sautee until well done and remove from skillet.
- Add meat to skillet, cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes or until they lose their red color (for beef).
- Add veggies back in and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Great recipe! This was my first time cooking fajitas and they came out really tasty! The marinade gives the chicken just the right kick without being overpowering. The only thing I did differently was I grilled my chicken strips on a grill for a little smokey flavor, and I added mushrooms to the veggies since I was always a fan I mushroom jack fajitas at Chilis. Now that I have made my own I won't be going out for them anymore, better flavor, and less salt.
Yum Yum Yum. Colorful and Delicious. My only problem with the recipe is the serving amt. This only made 4 servings for our family. Made for Spring PAC 2012.