Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fill up those sandwiches and your tummy using this great way to use up left over roasted chicken.
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, cooked and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 hoagie rolls
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Add the onions and peppers.
- Cook until just soft.
- Add the chicken to the pan and heat.
- Top with the peppers and onions.
- Add the cheese slices and melt.
- Place on the buns.
- Serve warm.
This was so easy and absolutely delicious. We put a bag of frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot on Sunday using Crock Pot Shredded Chicken Breasts for Freezing - OAMC so we'd have shredded chicken to use throughout the week. That made these sandwiches even easier! We used melted provolone instead of mozzarella, and added bacon, and put everything on brat buns. My teenage son rated it a 14 out of 10.
Yummy sandwich to make with leftover chicken. I toasted the rolls in the oven before filling.
My husband and I LOVED these!!! Simplicity at it's finest - thanks for posting!!!!