Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I posted the following request on 'Zaar and Sherri-Pie found it for me, and dienia bennett confirmed the site: "There is a restaurant in Massachusetts, on Cape Cod, named the Windjammer. It originally was on Cranberry Highway, but moved to somewhere further down the Cape. I believe it is just before a rotary somewhere." I'm looking for their recipe for Chicken Eugenie.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices boiled ham
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 tablespoon beef broth
- Heat oven to 350º F.
- Pound each breast thin.
- Roll a slice of ham and cheese in each chicken breast. Secure with toothpicks.
- Dip in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs. Place in glass baking dish.
- Mix sauce ingredients together and pour over chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350 degrees.