Recipe by *Z*
This is an adotped recipe. I will post an intro after I make it.
Top Review by PSU Lioness
Great recipe! I made this for my hubby because we were heading to New Orleans for our honeymoon and I was trying to showcase some of the local cuisine for him. He loved it! I do agree with Wugfun's review that you need more liquid while you're cooking the sauce (I also used Sherry and when I ran out, I used a little bit of Vermouth). I don't know if that changed the flavor but it was pretty darned good! Thank you for posting. I will make it again!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 2 cups rice, Hot cooked, parboiled
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, Chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large skillet with Pam; place over med heat until hot.
- Add onion and other vegetables, saute until tender.
- Remove from skillet, set aside.
- Place margarine and flour in skillet; cook over low heat 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture is color of a copper penny.
- Return vegetables to skillet.
- Add chicken and other ingredients except rice and parsley.
- Simmer 2 minutes or till thoroughly heated.
- Serve over hot,cooked rice.
- Sprinkle with parsley.