- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 head escarole, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 ounce spaghetti, broken up (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cook garlic in oil over moderate heat until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Add escarole to stock and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add spaghetti and simmer until tender, 10-12 minutes.
- Add chicken and heat through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and pass cheese separately.