Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chicken escalopes are flattened chicken breast fillets - they cook quicker than normal breast portions and absorb flavors more readily. Can be assembled in advance. Can substitute boneless chicken thighs for breasts and bacon or prosciutto for serrano ham. If using chicken thighs, spread apart, no need to flatten with rolling pin.
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 4 slices serrano ham
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix butter with plenty of pepper. Place chicken breasts in plastic wrap and beat with a rolling pin until 1/2 their original thickness.
- Place chicken in large, ovenproof dish with a slice of serrano ham crumpled on each one. Cut 8 thin slices from the lemon and place on edged of chicken/ham.
- Dot with pepper butter, salt if wanted, and bake for 30 minutes.