Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this new cookbook the other day and this was the first recipe I made from it. It was delicious...meltingly tender chicken with a fabulous flavour. From the book "Apples for Jam" by Tessa Kiros. Have all your ingredients ready before hand and it goes together very quickly. You can have dinner on the table in literally minutes! This goes really good with pan fried potatoes.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 fat garlic cloves, peeled and squashed a bit
- 150 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 4 slices horizontally)
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 2 sage sprigs
- 3 tablespoons white wine or 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, in vinegar, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat half the oil with the cloves of garlic in a large nonstick frying pan. Add tomatoes with a little salt and fry over high heat until they just begin to wilt a bit and the skin puckers. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and heat. Lightly dust the chicken with salt and pepper and the flour on each side, patting to remove excess. Put into the pan, add the sage and fry over medium high heat until the underside is golden. Turn over. Put the garlic cloves on top, cooking until the underside is golden again. Turn again, add the wine, put the tomatoes on top and add the capers and parsley. Let it bubble up and evaporate a bit, throw on a lid and set aside for a few minutes off the heat before serving.