I love that this recipe is so quick and simple to throw together....and it tastes so good, that I could eat the whole thing myself . For Weight Watchers this recipe has 7 points per enchilada.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, and spray a 7 x 11" baking dish with non stick spray.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan with the oil, then add the chicken. Cook turning occasionally until browned for about 8 minutes, then transfer to a plate.
- Add the onions, garlic and seasoning to the pan and cook until the onions are tender, then stir in the chicken and 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce and heat through.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and warm in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Fill each tortilla with one fourth of the chicken mixture, roll up and place seam side down in the baking dish. Spoon over the remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes, then uncover and bake until the edges of the enchiladas are just beginning to brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly ( about 10 mins). Allow to stand for 5 mins before serving.
Great addition to our Mexican night. I only used 1 onion We love cheese so used more than 1/2 a cup. Made for PRMR.
The chicken breasts I used were almost 8 ounces each, so I used 2 of them & then followed your recipe, using a sharp cheddar! Great tasting enchiladas, these were, & since I usually have both shredded & diced chicken breast meat in the freezer, I'll be using some of that next time around! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in the current ADOPT A TAG event]