Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is posted by request. The original recipe is by Rick and Deann Bayless. Serve with Refried Beans, Refried Beans
- 3 cups tomatillo salsa (recipe posted separately)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, skinned,boned and shredded
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup queso fresco or 1⁄3 cup other likened cheese like feta or 1⁄3 cup mild parmesan cheese
- 2 slices onions, separated into rings
- radish, slices (optional)
- Heat the tomatillo sauce in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Warm up the chicken in a separate pan with a little water so it wont dry out.
- When warmed up add the sour cream, onion and salt to the chicken, stir well and remove from heat and cover.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- When hot quick fry the tortillas to soften them-3 seconds each side.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour 1 cup of the sauce onto a dinner plate.
- Lay a tortilla in the sauce and flip to cover both sides with sauce.
- Lay 2 T.
- of the filling across the center of the sauced tortilla and roll up.
- Place in a baking dish and repeat until done.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas making sure to cover each completly.
- Cover with foil and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle on cheese, onion rings and radish slices.
- Serve immediately.