My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups tomatillo salsa (recipe posted separately)
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, skinned,boned and shredded
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup queso fresco or 1/3 cup other likened cheese like feta or 1/3 cup mild parmesan cheese
- 2 slices onions, separated into rings
- radish, slices (optional)
- 1Heat the tomatillo sauce in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- 2Warm up the chicken in a separate pan with a little water so it wont dry out.
- 3When warmed up add the sour cream, onion and salt to the chicken, stir well and remove from heat and cover.
- 4Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- 5When hot quick fry the tortillas to soften them-3 seconds each side.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 7Pour 1 cup of the sauce onto a dinner plate.
- 8Lay a tortilla in the sauce and flip to cover both sides with sauce.
- 9Lay 2 T.
- 10of the filling across the center of the sauced tortilla and roll up.
- 11Place in a baking dish and repeat until done.
- 12Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas making sure to cover each completly.
- 13Cover with foil and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- 14Remove foil and sprinkle on cheese, onion rings and radish slices.
- 15Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas with Tangy Tomatillo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 662.5
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 115.2 mg
- Sodium 1372.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 41.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: