Prep 15 mins
Cook 51 mins
A really good recipe from our church cookbook.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 ounces salsa
- salsa (to garnish)
- sour cream (to garnish)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1 large carrot, cubed
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- Cook the chicken, pepper and spices in a nonstick pan over medium high heat for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add beans and wheat germ.
- Add 1/4 c chicken filling to each tortilla, roll up, and place seam side down in a nonstick baking dish.
- Top with the salsa.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Garnish with salsa, sour cream and more cheese.
- For vegetables:.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan and fry the sweet potato, carrot and broccoli for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, corn and cumin.
- Return to heat and cook until the corn and tomatoes are hot.