Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this recipe on Pinterest.
Make and share this Chicken Enchiladas With Green Chili Sour Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 10 soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 pan
- Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add broth and whisk until smooth.
- Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in sour cream and chilies.
- Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
- Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.
The sauce is amazing! I used the sauce recipe with cilantro and lime marinaded chicken breast, sautéed bell peppers, zucchini, and squash and was awesome.