Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This makes my DH smile.
Make and share this Chicken Enchiladas With Green Chile Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 8 -10 soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (7 ounce) can salsa verde
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- cilantro, if desired (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a 8x12 or 9x13 inch pan by spraying with cooking spray.
- Mix together 1 cup of the cheese, the chicken and 7 oz can of salsa verde.
- Place an equal amount of the mixture into each tortilla. Roll the tortill up and place seam side down in the prepared pan.
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the chicken brother. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Stir in sour cream and green chiles. Pour the mixture over the enchiladas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the preheated over for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with cilantro is desired.