Ms. Mother Earth's Note:
This makes my DH smile.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 -10 soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (7 ounce) can salsa verde
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- cilantro, if desired (to garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a 8x12 or 9x13 inch pan by spraying with cooking spray.
- 2Mix together 1 cup of the cheese, the chicken and 7 oz can of salsa verde.
- 3Place an equal amount of the mixture into each tortilla. Roll the tortill up and place seam side down in the prepared pan.
- 4Melt the butter in a skillet. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the chicken brother. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Stir in sour cream and green chiles. Pour the mixture over the enchiladas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- 5Bake in the preheated over for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with cilantro is desired.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas With Green Chile Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 778.6
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48.0 g
- Saturated Fat 25.4 g
- Cholesterol 155.5 mg
- Sodium 2198.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 40.9 g