Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry.
- 16 ounces boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 ounces dried guajillo chilies
- 2 cups vine ripened tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons jalapenos, chopped
- 2 cups yellow onions, diced
- 1⁄4 cup garlic, halved
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, Stems
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 1⁄2 ounces tequila
- 3 -4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 tablespoon bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 slice stale bread, torn in pieces
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 cups red bell peppers, Julienne
- 1 cup red onion, Julienne
- 1 teaspoon garlic, Minced
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Thinly slice chicken thighs against the grain of the meat.
- Toss in oil, spice, A-1 and lime juice.
- Allow to marinate while the sauce and polenta are being prepared.
- Prepare bell peppers, onion and garlic – set aside for later use.
- Mole Sauce:.
- Coat the dried chili in oil and toast in the oven until bright red and fragrant.
- In a medium pot; sauté the jalapeno, onion, and garlic until softened and transparent.
- Add the tomatoes, raisins, walnuts, roasted dried chili, herbs and spices; stir and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the tequila and reduce till almost gone.
- Cover slightly with chicken stock.
- Add in the stale bread and chocolate; simmer for 20-30 minutes (Until everything is cooked through and the flavors have combined).
- Puree in the blender until smooth.
- Finish Enchiladas:.
- Sauté Chicken and julienne vegetables until cooked.
- Spoon the chicken mixture evenly into 8 tortillas.
- Divide the cheese evenly amongst the tortillas.
- Roll tortillas and place on a sprayed baking sheet.
- Brush the tortillas with melted butter and sprinkle with chili powder.
- Bake at 425 until crisp; approximately 12 minutes.
- To Plate:.
- Place 2 enchiladas on the plate.
- Use the A-1 and Tequila Mole to finish the plate.