1/2 Photos of Chicken Enchiladas...white Sauce...rich!
1 hr 10 mins
From an old Southern Living mag. Top these with fresh tomatoes, iceberg lettuce, sour cream and salsa. Hope you enjoy these!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken stock (or canned broth)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese (or more)
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1In medium saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, add chicken stock, heat and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 2Add sour cream, green chilies and cayenne. Remove from heat.
- 3In a separate bowl, toss cooked chicken and chopped onion. To this bowl, add 3/4 cup sauce mixture from the saucepan. Stir well.
- 4Fill each tortilla with scant 1/3 cup chicken mixture, roll up and place seamside down in oblong greased casserole.
- 5Pour remaining sauce on top.
- 6Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, covered.
- 7Remove from oven, take off foil and sprinkle cheese over top.
- 8Return to oven or just let it sit on the stovetop while you call everyone to the table. Either way, the cheese will melt.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas...white Sauce...rich!
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 615.8
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 135.7 mg
- Sodium 723.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 37.7 g