1/2 Photos of Chicken Enchiladas Verdes
1 hr 5 mins
A favorite from my Spanish instructor for our international luncheon. Use your pizza cutter to cut the cilantro.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cooked chicken, 1 rotisserie chicken
- 24 ounces salsa verde, DIVIDED
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded DIVIDED
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, DIVIDED chopped
- salt, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 16 six inch corn tortillas
- 1 onion, halved and sliced thin (optional)
- sour cream, to serve with
- guacamole, to serve with
- 1Shred chicken.
- 2Mix chicken with 3/4 cups salsa verde, 1 1/2 cups cheese, 1/4 cup cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- 3Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 4Spread 1 cup salsa over bottom of a 9 X 13 inch baking dish.
- 5Microwave tortillas on high in MICROWAVE SAFE plastic bag until warm, about 45 seconds. (So they are easier to roll.).
- 6Working one at a time, spoon about 1/4 cup chicken filling onto a tortilla-roll into a cylinder and place, seam side down, in baking dish.
- 7Drizzle enchiladas with 1 1/2 cups of salsa, sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 8Lightly spray sheet of foil with cooking spray, cover dish and bake until heated through, about 30 minutes.
- 9Remove foil-sprinkle with onion and remaining cilantro-let stand a few minutes.
- 10Serve with remaining salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.
- 11Note about freezing: Make up filling through step 2, freeze, defrost in fridge 24 hours before, and proceed with remaining part of recipe.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas Verdes
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 758.5
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 158.5 mg
- Sodium 1852.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 55.2 g