Recipe by keen5
This recipe comes from the Colorado Cache Cookbook, my all time favorite. This recipe is my son's favorite mexican dish and he requests it every birthday. We all love it! Cook and prep time does not include cooking the chicken. I usually use leftover chicken.
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken or 2 cups turkey meat
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped mild green chilies
- 1 (7 ounce) cangreen chile salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken, green chiles and green chile salsa and mix well.
- Mix salt and heavy cream in a medium-sized bowl.
- Heat about 1/2 inch oil in a small skillet.
- Dip each tortilla into hot oil for about 5 seconds, just to soften.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dip each fried tortilla into bowl containing cream and salt, coating each side.
- Fill each tortilla with chicken mixture.
- Roll and place in ungreased flat baking dish.
- Pour remaining cream over enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.