Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe comes from the Colorado Cache Cookbook, my all time favorite. This recipe is my son's favorite mexican dish and he requests it every birthday. We all love it! Cook and prep time does not include cooking the chicken. I usually use leftover chicken.
- Combine chicken, green chiles and green chile salsa and mix well.
- Mix salt and heavy cream in a medium-sized bowl.
- Heat about 1/2 inch oil in a small skillet.
- Dip each tortilla into hot oil for about 5 seconds, just to soften.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dip each fried tortilla into bowl containing cream and salt, coating each side.
- Fill each tortilla with chicken mixture.
- Roll and place in ungreased flat baking dish.
- Pour remaining cream over enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
This is an EXCELLENT recipe. Some of my family members prefer flour tortillas - is also good made with them. Thanks for posting
I love this recipe! I always make a double batch, with the following changes: I add a cup of pepperjack cheese to the mixture, which binds it and makes it creamy. I use pepperjack cheese on the top, along with finely minced onion. I do add some chile salsa to the cream, along with a half teaspoon of tapioca, which thickens the cream to a perfect consistency. Sliced olives in the mix is also a great addition. Thanks for adding to our family's pleasure! Islestyle :>)
Simple to make and simply wonderful to eat!