1/1 Photo of Chicken Enchiladas Suizas
1 hr 40 mins
I found this recipe on the internet when I wanted to try making Chicken Enchiladas. I liked the idea of a cream based sauce rather than a tomato based sauce. The filling is so incredible that you can eat it cold right out of the bowl. My family loved it and I make this all the time now.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces canned diced green chiles
- 1 cup purchased green chile salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt and black pepper
- 12 large flour tortillas
- 10 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1Place chicken in pan of boiling water to cover, and simmer 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, cool, and shred chicken.
- 2In skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- 3Cook onion and bell peppers until just soft, 5-8 minutes.
- 4Transfer to large bowl.
- 5Add chicken, cheddar cheese, green chiles, salsa, cilantro, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- 6Note: you can do this much a day ahead and store in the fridge. It's pretty tasty just as is without the rest of the recipe, but since you're making a special dinner, read on.
- 7Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 8Grease 10x15x2-inch baking pan or 2 smaller pans.
- 9Place 1 flour tortilla on flat surface and place about 1/3 cup chicken mixture along 1 edge.
- 10Roll up from filling side, and place, seam side down, in prepared pan. Repeat process with remaining chicken mixture.
- 11Sprinkle Monterey Jack over enchiladas.
- 12Combine cream and chicken broth and pour over enchiladas.
- 13Cover pan with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- 14Remove foil and continue baking 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Garnish individual servings with avocado, tomato and cilantro, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas Suizas
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1378.5
- Calories from Fat 591
- Total Fat 65.6 g
- Saturated Fat 32.9 g
- Cholesterol 219.3 mg
- Sodium 2524.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 126.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 68.4 g