Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nice enchiladas without too much fat.
- 6 guajillo chilies
- 3 pasilla chiles
- 3 tomatoes
- 1⁄4 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 18 corn tortillas
- 12 ounces cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup queso fresco, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cream (optional)
- Toast the chili peppers; remove the seeds and veins; soak in lukewarm water for 20 minutes.
- Roast the tomatoes and peel.
- Roast the quarter of onion and garlic.
- Put soaked guajillos and pasillas in the blender; add the tomatoes, onion, garlic, and chicken broth; blend until smooth.
- Warm up the oil in a frying pan, add the puree and cook for 10-15 minutes on medium heat; season to taste with salt.
- Soak each tortilla in the sauce and place on a plate.
- Put a little chicken in each tortilla and roll.
- Put more sauce on each tortilla, and top with chopped onion and shredded cheese.
- If you wish you can add cream and reheat in the oven.
This was delicious,I followed everything ,except I didnt have chicken so I used mexican cheese for filling instead.They were easy to make and I cant wait to try them with the chicken......