Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I really can't remember where I originally found this recipe. I was looking for something that would taste similar to a Dream Dinners product I'd recently had. Since then, I've made this MANY times and everyone always loves it. My husband especially when I make it for just the two of us so he can take leftovers to work; his co-workers are always jealous! Best of all, its quick, easy, and inexpensive to make.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 -2 cup cooked chicken (I use about 1-2 frozen chicken breasts)
- 8 -10 flour tortillas, 10-inch
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I also like to use Colby Jack or a Taco Blend)
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup black beans
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup corn
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper (Red, Yellow, Orange, and or or Green)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- Cook Chicken (bake, skillet, or grill) and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to approximately 350 deg.
- Combine 1/2 cup Sour Cream and 1/2 cup Salsa in a bowl. Set aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup Sour Cream, 1/2 cup Salsa, Chicken, and 1 cup Shredded Cheese in a bowl. Set aside.
- Spray a 9" x 13" pan with non-stick Cooking Spray.
- Evenly fill each tortilla with the Sour Cream, Salsa, Chicken, and Cheese mixture. Roll up, and place in pan.
- Pour and spread Sour Cream and Salsa mixture over the rolled tortillas in the pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese on top.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Optional Modifications: One of the best things about this recipe is that you can change it up as much as you want and it always turns out great! Try adding black beans, corn, green onion, fresh peppers, etc. to the mixture that goes inside the tortillas. Use less chicken and/or salsa when adding other ingredients. Follow all other steps as indicated.