Melissa Spangler's Note:
Very tasty, just like you get at your favorite Mexican restaurant. This came from the Food Network website, one of Rachael Ray's recipes. Don't let the cinnamon in the sauce scare you - it's a key ingredient. Also, use about 1 teaspoon dried oregano if you don't have fresh, as called for in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 soft corn tortillas
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- 2Wrap corn tortillas in foil and warm in the oven.
- 3Bring broth to boil in a saute pan.
- 4Set chicken into broth with bay and oregano and onion. Return to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- 5Poach chicken in broth 10 minutes. Remove chicken breasts to a bowl and shred with 2 forks.
- 6Add 1/2 cup of cooking liquid and tomato paste, spices and salt and work through the chicken using the forks.
- 7Combine all sauce ingredients in saucepan and heat through, keeping warm until needed.
- 8Remove tortillas from the oven and switch broiler on high.
- 9Pile chicken mixture into warm tortilla and roll.
- 10Line casserole or baking dish with endchiladas, seam side down.
- 11Pour hot tomato sauce over the chicken enchiladas and top with cheese.
- 12Place enchiladas in hot oven 6 inches from broiler and broil 5 minutes to melt cheese and set enchiladas. Serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas (Rachael Ray)
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.4
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 41.9 mg
- Sodium 1169.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 17.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless skinless chicken breasts