Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy, cheesy, mild but flavorful enchiladas. Easy and yummy! All my kids loved this (my husband too)!
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 1 pinch garlic powder or 1 pinch minced garlic
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 3 -4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 3 cups grated monterey jack cheese (or cheddar)
- 1 dozen flour tortilla
- Mix first 5 ingredients and 1 cup of cheese together in a large bowl. Spoon into a 1 gallon freezer bag and lay flat to freeze.Freeze the tortillas separately for this easy dinner.
- To prepare: Thaw chicken mix and tortillas. Spoon a bit of the chicken mixture into each tortilla. Roll up and place side by side in a 9x13-inch baking pan. Pour remaining mixture over enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. Bake covered 30 minutes at 350°F.
This meal was already a favorite for us, but we just welcomed two foreign exchange students - one from Spain and one from Turkey and this is the meal that gets the most excited reaction from EVERYONE! You know it's good if a family of 5 including picky eaters, and two teenagers from different countries all love it! (Although my boy from Spain did inform me they are not actually "enchiladas" lol! )
We loved this, subbed the garlic powder for chilli powder and went down really well with my OH, ate half today and the rest is in the freezer ready. Thanks very much.
So good! I have six VERY picky kids and they all loved these and ate them all gone! FINALLY a recipe that pleases EVERYONE! (and wasn't too spicey)