Super good an easy to prepare on those busy weeknights when time is short! Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do, I would appreciate feedback, Thanks ! ZWT REGION: Mexico.
- 1 (28 ounce) can red enchilada sauce, divided use
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (2 cup) packageshredded Mexican blend cheese or 1 (2 cup) package monterey jack cheese, divided use
- 1⁄2 cup minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced pickled jalapeno peppers (from a jar)
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- nonstick cooking spray
- Heat about half of the enchilada sauce in a saucepan over medium heat until steaming.
- Stir in chicken. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup cheese, cilantro and jalapeños.
- Place tortillas on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high about 60 seconds, until softened.
- Place about 1/2 cup chicken down the center of a tortilla. Roll and place seam down in an 11-by-9-inch baking dish.
- Continue with remaining chicken mixture and tortillas. Spray tops of enchiladas lightly with cooking spray.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over tops of tortillas and spread with a rubber spatula so that tortillas are covered.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until bubbly.