From Evelyn Tribole's Healthy Homestyle Cooking. I usually layer the tortillas with the filling ingredients to make a casserole rather than fiddle with filling them. We eat them with chopped onions, shredded lettuce, and salsa over the top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 5 ounces reduced-fat monterey jack cheese, finely shredded
- 1 cup fresh chives, snipped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (29 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 (2 ounce) can ripe olives, sliced, pitted, and drained
- 1In a large bowl, combine chicken, 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, 1/2 chives, garlic, cumin, and pepper; set aside.
- 2Spread 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce in a 13"x9"x2" baking pan.
- 3Transfer the remaining sauce to a large skillet and heat until warm.
- 4To soften each tortilla, completely submerge it in the sauce.
- 5Shake off the excess sauce and transfer tortilla to a plate.
- 6Spoon about 1/4 cup filling down the center and roll up to enclose.
- 7Place, seam down, in the prepared baking pan.
- 8Repeat until all are filled.
- 9Pour the remaining sauce over the filled tortillas and top with remaining Monterey Jack cheese, chedder cheese, remaining 1/2 cup of chives, and the olives.
- 10Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas Made Healthier
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.8
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 1231.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: