Recipe by Rollin in the Dough!
Our friend Ryan invited a bunch of us over for a Dutch Oven dinner and served this, needless to say it was a hit! I love cooking with our dutch oven so I just had to get the recipe, it is now one of our favs!
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, large, quartered and thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, chopped or sliced
- 5 cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2 -10 1⁄2 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt & pepper
- 3 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized bowl combine all sauce ing. and mix well.
- Heat a 12" dutch oven using 16-18 briquettes on bottom until hot.
- To hot oven add olive oil, onion, garlic and olives.
- Cook unitl onions are soft.
- Remove to a large mixing bowl.
- To mixture add chicken, chili powder, cumin, S & P and 3/4 cup prepared sauce, mix.
- Wipe dutch oven clean then re-oil generously.
- Spoon 3/4 c sauce into the bottom of the dutch oven and spread evenly.
- If camping place tortillas in a sealed bag under the sun to warm slightly until they become soft and flexible.
- If not just pop in microwave for a few seconds.
- Spoon 1/2 c of the chicken filling down the center of each tortilla.
- Fold in the ends and roll up the tortillas.
- Place seam side down in the dutch oven.
- Spoon remaining sauce over the top.
- Top with cheese and green onions.
- Cover and bake using 10 briquettes on bottom and 16-18 on top for 20 minute.