Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 whole chicken breast
- 1 cup water
- 1 onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 2 peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 ounce Ortega chile, diced
- 4 corn tortillas
- monterey jack cheese
- black olives, sliced, pitted
- Combine chicken and water in pan; bring to boil over high heat; skim off foam.
- Coarsely chop 1/2 the onion and all the celery; add onion, celery, bay leaf, peppercorns and salt to chicken; simmer, partially covered, 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and strain broth.
- Reduce broth to 1/2 cup; season.
- Stir in sour cream Set aside. Dice cooked chicken.
- In skillet melt butter.
- Add remaining onions; cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in chilis.
- Remove from heat. Add chicken and 1/2 cup sour cream mix.
- Toss gently.
- Soften tortillas.
- Fill each with 1/4 meat mixture; place in heavily buttered baking dish.
- Pour sour cream mixture over.
- Top with a strip of cheese and some olives.
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -.
Is the only recipe in this web site that has Jocoque in it, eventhough is more like sour cream that the real jocoque.