Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is too good!!! LOVE this!! Does not use Red or Green enchilada sauce but is quite a winner!!! If my kids know Im making this I have to make 2 pans and they invite friends for dinner
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 (4 ounce) green chilies, mild
- 8 -10 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Dice chicken and brown in a large skillet, remove from heat.
- Add soup, sour cream, yogurt, and chilis and stir til well combined.
- Place about 1/4 Cup of the chicken mixture into tortilla and roll up.
- Place evenly into a 9X13 pan.
- Spread the remaining chicken mixture over the top of the rolled tortillas in the pan making sure to completely cover the top of them.
- Bake for 30 minutes, covered.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with shredded cheese and put back into the oven to bake for 10 minutes more or until the cheese melts.
I used over a pound of chicken because that's what was thawed. I added half a white onion diced because enchiladas need onions of at least one sort. I absolutely love green chiles but they're not enough to flavor that much yogurt and sour cream, so I added a few sprinkles of chili powder and cayenne powder. A bit of garlic might not have been bad either. I also added a bit more cheese blend at the end. My only problem was that I let the cheese cook too long and it formed a casing rather than a golden brown topping. I ended up really liking this dish.
This is the most unflavorful recipe I have ever done. You might as well just spread some sourcream on a white tortilla and call it good. Do not waste your time and money. Horrible
Absolutely Delicious! Thank you for a wonderful recipe ! Keeping you in our thoughts!!! Jan 2009