Recipe by evelyn/athens
Fast and tasty.
Top Review by Juenessa
These enchiladas our outstanding! In my opinion, the cilantro and cream cheese kicks it up a notch from ordinary to extra special. I added a can of rotel to the diced chicken mixture and also a little extra cheese. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 4 large green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 1⁄2 cups packed grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut lengthwise into 8 strips
- 1 (24 ounce) bottlemild picante sauce or 1 (24 ounce) bottle salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter 13 x 9 glass baking dish; mix 1 3/4 cups sour cream, chilies, green onions, 1/2 cup cilantro and cumin in large bowl; mix in chicken and 1 cup cheddar cheese; season filling to taste.
- Spoon generous 1/2 cup filling down center of each tortilla; top filling with cream cheese strip; roll up each tortilla, enclosing filling; arrange enchiladas seam side down in prepared dish.
- Preheat oven to 350F; pour picante sauce over enchiladas; cover and bake until sauce bubbles and enchiladas are heated through, about 45 minutes; uncover, sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese and bake until cheese melts, about 5 minutes; top with remaining sour cream.