This recipe came out of a family circle magazine. It was a recipe that crisco put in the magazine, but they are wonderful enchiladas. I highly suggest you make the enchilada sauce rather than using the can stuff because it has excellent flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- oil, as needed
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Prepare enchilada sauce: heat oil in large saucepan, stir in flour and chili powder.
- 3Cook for one minute.
- 4Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil.
- 5Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 6In a bowl combine chicken, green onions, 1/2 cup cheddar, 1/2 cup monterey jacl, sour cream, chiles, and cilantro.
- 7Stir in 1/2 cup enchilada sauce.
- 8Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 9Heat about 1/2 inch of oil in large frying pan.
- 10Fry tortillas, one at a time, until soft (about 10 seconds per side),drain on paper towels.
- 11Spray 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- 12Put a small amount of sauce in the bottom of the pan.
- 13Put a couple of tablespoons of the chicken in each tortilla, roll up and place seam down in the pan.
- 14Pour remaining sauce over the enchiladas and top with the remaining cheese.
- 15Bake about 15-20 minutes or until bubbling.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.1
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 33.6 mg
- Sodium 1057.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 13.1 g