Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love this recipe you can use chicken or substitue beef. Its great either way! To save myself time on making chicken I buy the pre-seasoned shredded chicken or seasoned ground beef. If I dont buy premade stuff, i always season my meat.
- 2 tablespoons corn oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup thinly-sliced green onion
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) candice green chilies
- corn oil or canola oil, as needed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- nonstick cooking spray
- Enchilada sauce directions:.
- Heat corn or canola oil in large sauce pan; stir in flour and chil powder; cook for 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix chicken, green onions, 1/2 cup cheddar, 1/2 cup monterey jack, sour cream, chiles, and cilantro.
- Stir in 1/2 cup enchilada sauce.
- Season with salt& pepper, set aside.
- heat 1/2" corn or canola oil in large pan.
- Fry tortillas, one at a time until soft (10 seconds per side).
- Drain on paper towels, spray 9"x 13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread small amount of sauce in bottom of dish.
- Spread 2 heaping tablespoons of chicken mixture in each tortilla& roll up.
- Place seam side down, side by side in prepared dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over, top with remaining cheeses and bake until bubbling, 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with extra sour cream, sliced green onions and chipped cilantro.