1/2 Photos of Chicken Enchiladas
Shanie Searing's Note:
I love this recipe you can use chicken or substitute beef. Its great either way! To save myself time on making chicken I buy the pre-seasoned shredded chicken or seasoned ground beef. If I don't buy premade stuff, i always season my meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Enchilada Sauce (makes 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons corn oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1Enchilada sauce directions:.
- 2Heat corn or canola oil in large sauce pan; stir in flour and chil powder; cook for 1 minute.
- 3Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Heat oven to 350°F.
- 6Prepare enchilada sauce below.
- 7In a medium bowl, mix chicken, green onions, 1/2 cup cheddar, 1/2 cup monterey jack, sour cream, chiles, and cilantro.
- 8Stir in 1/2 cup enchilada sauce.
- 9Season with salt and pepper, set aside, heat 1/2 inch corn or canola oil in large pan.
- 10Fry tortillas, one at a time until soft (10 seconds per side).
- 11Drain on paper towels, spray 9"x 13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- 12Spread small amount of sauce in bottom of dish.
- 13Spread 2 heaping tablespoons of chicken mixture in each tortilla& roll up.
- 14Place seam side down, side by side in prepared dish.
- 15Pour remaining sauce over, top with remaining cheeses and bake until bubbling, 15-20 minutes.
- 16Garnish with extra sour cream, sliced green onions and chipped cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (1669 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.6
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 33.6 mg
- Sodium 540.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 12.3 g