Mary in LA.'s Note:
It's easier to make these enchiladas at home and cheaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 3/4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- salt and pepper, if desired
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 can of non stick cooking spray
- 1To make enchilada sauce: Heat canola oil in saucepan, stir in flour and chili powder and cook for 1 minute.
- 2Add cumin, chicken broth,tomato sauce,salt and garlic powder, bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3It makes 3 cups To make enchilada's: Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4In bowl mix chicken, green onions, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese,1/2 cup monterey jack chesse, sour cream, chiles and cilantro.
- 5Stir in 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce.
- 6Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- 7Set aside.
- 8Heat 1/2 inch of canola oil in pan.
- 9Fry torillas, one at a time, until soft (10 seconds pre side).
- 10Drain on paper towels.
- 11Spray 9 inch x 13 inch baking dish with no stick cooking spray, spread small amount of sauce in bottom of dish.
- 12Spread 2 heaping tablespoons of chicken mixture in each tortilla and roll up.
- 13Place seam down, side by side in prepared dish.
- 14Pour remaining sauce over, top with remaining cheeses and bake until bubbling.
- 1515 to 20 minutes.
- 16Garnish with extra sour cream, sliced green onion and chopped cilantro.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.9
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 67.3 mg
- Sodium 2342.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 26.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: