Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
i got this recipe from my food science teacher, Mrs. Gentry (she gave me permission to post). This is simply the best chicken enchiladas in the entire world!
- 2 lbs chicken (deboned or boneless)
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 24 ounces sour cream
- jalapeno, and juice from jar
- 1 (20 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 -5 tablespoons jalapeno juice
- tortilla (bag about 16)
- Cook chicken in 1 quart of boiling water whit 2 bouillon cubes (optional because you can just use the broth from the cooked chicken) for about 15 minutes.
- Use 2 quarts water if cooking a whole chicken, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Cool chicken, keeping the chicken broth.
- Cut into tiny pieces.
- Mix sour cream, cheese, cream of mushroom, 1/2 cup broth, and Jalapeno juice in bowl.
- Set back 1/3 of this mixture to use for the sauce.
- Mix chicken into mixture that is not set back.
- Place some of the chicken mixture on each tortilla.
- Place in a microwave dish casserole dish.
- Then after you fill the dish up, set in microwave for about 5 minutes.
- Turn dish if necessary.
- When the sauce is boiling around the sides and in the middle they are done.
- If you want to cook them in the oven then you need to preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Then cook for 30 minutes.
- Take it out and let it cool for about 2 minutes.