Recipe by Little Bee
These enchiladas are so good and easy to make! This is comfort food! It is pretty rich and fattening so I lightened the original recipe up by using olive oil and lowfat ingredients. The taste is not compromised at all.
Top Review by NancyF
This was really good. I used leftover grilled chicken and used a Mexican blend cheese and used sweet onions rather than green, but other than that, I followed the recipe exactly. I did use chopped tomatoes, lettuce and some picante sauce for topping after dishing it up. I served it with Mexican Rice, recipe # 36011 which was very good also. I will make this again.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 can fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 12-inch flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- salsa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat,heat the olive oil and saute the green onion until tender (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Add the garlic, then stir in the green chiles, cumin, cream of chicken soup and sour cream.
- Mix well.
- Reserve 3/4 of this sauce and set aside.
- To the remaining 1/4 of the sauce in the saucepan, add the chicken and 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Stir together.
- Fill each flour tortilla with the chicken mixture and roll up.
- Be careful not to overfill.
- Place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the reserved 3/4 of the sauce with the milk.
- Spoon this mixture over the rolled tortillas and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar.
- Bake in preheated oven 30-36 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Garnish with tomatoes, lettuce, salsa, or anything you like.