Little Bee's Note:
These enchiladas are so good and easy to make! This is comfort food! It is pretty rich and fattening so I lightened the original recipe up by using olive oil and lowfat ingredients. The taste is not compromised at all.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 can fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 12-inch flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- salsa (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3In a medium saucepan over medium heat,heat the olive oil and saute the green onion until tender (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- 4Add the garlic, then stir in the green chiles, cumin, cream of chicken soup and sour cream.
- 5Mix well.
- 6Reserve 3/4 of this sauce and set aside.
- 7To the remaining 1/4 of the sauce in the saucepan, add the chicken and 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese.
- 8Stir together.
- 9Fill each flour tortilla with the chicken mixture and roll up.
- 10Be careful not to overfill.
- 11Place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- 12In a small bowl combine the reserved 3/4 of the sauce with the milk.
- 13Spoon this mixture over the rolled tortillas and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar.
- 14Bake in preheated oven 30-36 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- 15Garnish with tomatoes, lettuce, salsa, or anything you like.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.3
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 56.7 mg
- Sodium 1109.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 25.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free cream of chicken soup