Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 (19 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies, diced
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced jalapeno pepper
- 12 flour tortillas
- 3 teaspoons oil
- Fry Chicken Breasts in oil.
- Cut cooked chicken into thin strips.
- Season chicken with cumin.
- In a large bowl combine cheddar and mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup enchilada sauce, green chilies and jalapeño peppers.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce in a large bowl.
- Dip tortilla in sauce removing any excess.
- Put chicken strips and 3 tablespoons cheese mixture on tortillas. Roll tortilla and place in baking pan.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes.
I love this dish. I poached the chicken instead so it is moister and I use a bag of pre-shredded tex-mex cheese plus an extra cup of whatever cheese I have in the fridge. It is messy with dipping the tortillas but it is a great recipe.