Recipe by * Pamela *
This is a great recipe after Thanksgiving when you have an abundance of leftover chicken or turkey!
Top Review by *Monica*
These were very good. My DH loved them, and so did I. I used red peppers b/c I was out of gr. peppers. Even my kids like them, and anything with onions or peppers are hard to sneak past them. I used chicken breasts that I chopped up fine and sauted with seasoning.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken (or turkey)
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa, divided
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 8 large flour tortillas or 10 small flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fry onion, and green pepper in margarine over medium heat for approx.
- 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, 1/4 cup salsa, cream cheese and spices.
- Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Spoon approx.
- 1/3 cup of mixture into centre of each tortilla and roll up.
- Place, seam side down in 12 x 8 baking dish.
- Top with remaining salsa and cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.