1/1 Photo of Chicken Enchiladas
Hey Jude's Note:
This is my favorite Chicken Enchiladas recipe. I get requests for this recipe all the time. It's a bit lower in fat because you're not dipping the tortillas in hot oil. This recipe is from Betty Crocker's Chicken Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- 1Cook and stir onion and garlic in oil in a 2-quart saucepan until onion is tender.
- 2Stir in broth, chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt and tomato sauce.
- 3Heat to boiling; reduce heat, simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- 4Dip each tortilla into sauce to coat both sides.
- 5Spoon 1/4 cup of the chicken onto each tortilla; roll tortilla around chicken.
- 6Place seam sides down in an ungreased rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches.
- 7Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas; sprinkle with cheese.
- 8Cook uncovered in 350° oven until cheese is melted, 10-12 minutes.
- 9Serve with sour cream and, if desired, shredded lettuce.
- 10Do-ahead Note: After placing enchiladas in baking dish, sprinkle with cheese (do not pour remaining sauce over enchiladas); cover and refrigerate no longer than 24 hours.
- 11To serve, pour remaining sauce over enchiladas; cook uncovered in 350° oven until hot and bubbly 20-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.0
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 69.2 mg
- Sodium 967.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 27.0 g