Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
My cousin gave me this recipe. I make it once a month at least. It is a hit with Spanish rice and refried beans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Boil chicken with the bouillon, garlic salt, salt and pepper.
- When done, remove to separate bowl and bone and shred into strips.
- Add 1 can of cream of chicken soup, 1/2 jar picante sauce, sour cream (to taste), and 3-4 tbsps of chicken broth.
- Dip tortillas in broth and fill with chicken mixture, roll and place seam side down in greased baking pan.
- When all are filled, mix remaining soup, picante sauce, and sour cream together, pour over enchiladas.
- Top with cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and everything is bubbly.
This was easy to make and so delicious. The only change I made was to leave it in the oven for 30 minutes instead of the recommended 15-20. I found it wasn't hot enough. It was even better the next day so it is a great "make ahead dish.
This is sooo awesome! My husband definitely thought it was 5-stars-good and he is hard to please! If I did anything differently I might trying baking it for a few minutes before baking or omit soaking the tortillas in broth, but that is just because I like crunchy tortillas. No Matter what this is very good!!! The sauce is amazing!!!!