Recipe by Therese Crosby
Everyone I have passed this on to has made it their own. With a few changes to fit your taste buds it is a winner with the whole family.
Top Review by Denise Powell
This was a very easy version of Enchilades to make. I pretty much doubled the recipe in order to create leftovers for the family to just scoop over rice later. The only thing was that I found the mixture to be a tad runny/thin for the rolling part. But overall the family all enjoyed it so I'm most likely to repeat this one.
- 4 chicken breasts, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 inches flour tortillas
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 (16 ounce) bag mixed cheeses
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together in bowl sour cream and cream of chicken soup. Set aside.
- Cook Chicken breast pieces in butter with chopped onion. When tender add chili powder and green chilis. (you can alternate green chili with drained rotell for spicer flavor) Add about 2 tablespoons of sour cream and chicken soup mixture to chicken. You may want to add salt, pepper, or even some garlic if you choose.
- Roll up chicken in each flour tortilla. Do not layer. After filling each tortilla cover them with the remaining sour cream and soup mixture. Cover with cheese.
- Place in 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes.