Recipe by Babydoll070409
There are many versions of this recipe out there...but this one has an extra kick! Serve w/ sour cream and cheese.
- 1 lb chicken
- 4 cups of brown Minute Rice
- 1 (24 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 dash crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 cups refried beans (optional, home made or canned)
- 2 (8 count) packages whole wheat tortillas
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften onions in a small amount of oil.
- Add crushed red pepper, jalopenos, chicken.
- When chicken is cooked through out, remove from pan and shred. ( I used two forks to pull apart.) Then return to pan.
- Add soup, spices, rice and cook for roughly 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add cilantro. Cool enough to handle.
- Spread a small amount refried beans on tortilla then add chicken mixture.
- Top with small amount of cheese and roll up.
- Place in lightly greased pan and bake until slightly browned at 350. Usually between 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream.