Recipe by iblevenmermaids
Great for kids. Quick and easy, freezable meal. You can substitute precooked chicken. You can use white, dark, or mixed meat on the chicken. Season it however you like, I prefer just salt, pepper and oregano. When added with Spanish rice and refried beans you have a wonderful Mexican dinner.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Other than adding a dash of chili powder, made this as written, and it made for a great dinner, cooking time was right on the dot, and was easy to prepare too. Made for Holiday tag.
- 4 -5 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 10 -12 tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F Cook chicken as desired (boiling is recommended), until no longer pink. Let chicken rest, then shred with a fork.
- 2. In a medium sauce pan combine cream of chicken, rotel, and sour cream and bring to a slow boil. Set aside 1 1/2 cups of soup mixture, then add shredded chicken to sauce pan.
- 3.Place 1-2 spoonfuls of chicken mixture into a tortilla, sprinkle with cheese, and roll. Place in a 9" x 12" pan (glass is best), and repeat with remaining tortillas. Once finished pour remaining soup mixture over the top, top with cheese blend, cover with foil, and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.